Thursday, June 23, 2011

If You're from Georgia

The year is 2016 and the United States has just elected the first woman as well as the first female Georgian as president.

A few days after the election the president-elect calls her father and says, 'So, Daddy, I assume you will be coming to my inauguration?'
  
'I don't think so. It's a 16 hour drive, your mother isn't as young as she used to be, and my arthritis is acting up again.' Don't worry about it Daddy, I'll send Air Force One to pick you up and take you home.  A limousine will pick you up at your door.'

 
'I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy. What would your mother wear?'
Oh, Daddy', replies the president-elect, 'I'll make sure she has a wonderful gown custom made by the best designer in Washington .'
  
 'Honey,' Dad complains, 'you know I can't eat those rich foods you and your friends like to eat.'  The President-to-be responds, 'Don't worry Daddy. The entire affair is going to be handled by the best caterer in Washington , I'll ensure your meals are salt free Daddy, I really want you to come.'

So Dad reluctantly agrees, and on January 20, 2017, the first woman and first Georgian is being sworn in as President of the United States . In the front row sits the new president's Dad and Mom. Dad notices the Supreme Court Justice sitting next to him and leans over and whispers, 'You see that woman over there with her hand on the Bible, becoming President of the United States .' 

 The Justice whispers back, 'Yes I do.'

Daddy says proudly,


'Her brother played football for the Georgia Bulldogs.'


 This image shows Sanford Stadium at the Univer...

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: